Saturday, August 5, 2017

You are never alone

Read a terrific spiritual inspiration this morning from Rev. Rick Warren--about being lonely --and how to deal with feeling lonely or alone. What Rev. Warren wrote was a great reminder that we are never alone--that God is always there for us, if we but begin a relationship with Him. I have talked with God throughout my day for decades! I don't even know when it started, but ( thankfully ) I had a relationship with God when I was young, in my early teens. I've talked about decisions and problems with Him, asked for guidance of all kinds, expressed my anger and frustration, sometimes being angry and frustrated with Him, shared the goodness of a day, and spent time --although never enough I fear--thanking Him. As a result, any days, times, or seasons of my life when I've felt a bit alone or lonely, have been short-lived. he is always there if we reach out. We may not always hear a reply, or get the answer or result we want, but He is with us through everyday--and is present in a real way if we ask Him to be. For that, among many things, I am most truly grateful and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment